Sunday, August 23, 2009

Honourable Leadership

“The Lord forbid that I should do such a thing to my master, the Lord’s anointed, or lift my hand against him; for he is the anointed of the Lord.” (1 Samuel 24:6 )

While being pursued by King Saul, David finds refuge in a cave where he has opportunity to kill Saul. Instead, David shows honour to the king, God’s anointed, and spares his life.

I am challenged by the way in which I respond to my leaders whom I believe have wronged me or have not supported me as I feel they ought. Despite their faults, they too are God's anointed and I need to honour them just as I would like to be honoured by those whom I lead when I fail to meet their expectations.

Key Principles

  1. How do we respond to leaders who have wronged us?
  2. Despite their faults, they are God’s anointed
  3. Failed expectations and human faults do not excuse us from honouring those in authority

1 comment:

  1. Excellent teaching! I enjoyed reading your series on leadership

    ReplyDelete